Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Meaning of a Name...




I have met so many kind, welcoming people in India with thoughtful, beautiful names.  
People just naturally told me the meaning behind their name, such as prosperity, ray of hope...



This was great for me, so I could not just connect a name with a face, but also a symbol with the pronunciation.  Two names that quickly connect with education are, Bani which refers to, the ‘giver of knowledge’ and Indrarjun which means ‘bright and brave’.



So, if you could take your name and connect it with a symbolic meaning, god or goddess, what would it be?  Please post a response when you can, as I am very curious.  If  I could connect a goddess to my name it might be "of wonder," because I am often curious and wonder about many things. 





And when you think about it, a name is one of the first gifts you give a child.  In the classroom, this might be a good connector activity for your students, you could ask them based on their unique personalities what does their name symbolize or thinking of the goals they have for their future, what will their name stand for?






No comments:

Post a Comment